

This year our house was much friendlier than last year...it was pretty empty and lifeless in '06. We'll upgrade to a bigger tree next year.
Justin and I spent the evening together catching up on 'Heroes' episodes and had left over lasagna and hot apple cider throughout the day. As we started our gift opening we heard carolers outside our door. Our friends down the street, Becca and Gabe Black (and his family), came by and brought us homemade bread and jam, plus sang to us in Spanish. I haven't had carolers come to the door since I was in High School at least. It was a nice evening.

Justin and I fill each others stockings each year and Justin wanted me to look inside mine on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas morning. I found a little piece of paper that sent me on a treasure hunt for my gift. I was so surprised that he got me an original painting by J. Matt Miller. The painting is of one of those nesting Russian dolls. I loved the painting when I first saw it and it is even prettier and more nostalgic in person. I was thrilled...I think secretly Justin wanted it too.

I was very pleased to have gained more Christmas decorations this year. Judy sent us a beautiful nativity that is just my style. Next year I'll have to arrange it more like the official photo on the website (below). And Toni sent us the tile with the words "Wise men still seek him." I'd been wanting one of those since I saw them at other peoples' houses and was excited when she sent it way before Christmas so I could enjoy looking at it. The other little tile is a nativity scene too. It was a gift from the Relief Society Enrichment evening.

After Justin got an art book and an art supply gift card and catalog from his Mom... he just wanted to sit and look at every page.

