Jan 4, 2008

According to a political party quiz...



A Little Background: Founded in 1792 by Thomas Jefferson, the Democratic Party was originally known as "the party of the common man." Jefferson went on to become the first democratic president ever elected.
What They Stand For: Called "the Left" or "liberal" party, the Democrats have been linked to the middle class and receive a large percent of minority vote in elections. They are opposed to corporate tax breaks and focus more on providing public services. Mainly pro-choice, the party has strong support from many feminist groups, like Planned Parenthood and FMLA (Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance). Originally supportive of the war in Iraq, many democrats feel that the time has come to leave the Middle East and rebuild alliances with foreign nations. As for gay marriage, many Democrats are for gay unions--equal rights, but not exactly the same as marriage. The Democrats continue to focus their energy on working class America and hope to strengthen the middle class.


I guess if I'm going off of this "What they stand for" explanation...I DO love Democrats! (: