
So, since Justin bought me that painting of the nesting doll for Christmas, I've been thinking about how much I like them. This is the one set I have. My parents bought it for me when we went to Europe as a family back in 1986 or something. I don't know which country we got them in but maybe my parents will remind me if they remember.
Looking up nesting dolls online sure made my fingers itch to make some of my own. I think I will pretty soon here. Some of the sets out there are gorgeous and I would love to start collecting them but that would get a little pricey. I'll have to start with my own and see how that goes.
And look at these cool modern nesting dolls. Back in 2003, The Wurst Gallery had this idea to send several artists a blank set of Russian nesting dolls. Click here to see what happened.
