


We have 10 or so Live Oak trees in our backyard. It is difficult for grass to grow under all the shade the trees produce (which is great for Justin who does the mowing). It is still really pretty back there. Unfortunately, the trees drop leaves practically all year long. I had several piles of leaves when my parents came but the leaves just kept falling so I gave up. They worked so hard and got all the leaves out of there. It was a big chore.
We had a total of 62 bags like that full of leaves. 29 of them went out with the garbage the next day and the rest are lined up waiting to go out next week.
I really appreciated the help. My dad is such a handyman. He fixed a bunch of things around the house...our master bath vanity lights, downstairs towel rack, toilet handle, the ceiling in my craft room, the garage door opener electrical connection, took out a water purifier on our kitchen sink that wasn't functioning, and helped Justin get shop lights up in his studio. Plus, a bunch more thing I can't think of right now I'm sure.
All week long my mom and I mushed and burped a bag of Amish Friendship Bread starter. We made two loaves the night before they left. I'd tried it before but had never made my own. It was fun and really good.
Mar 5, 2008
Backyard clean up & Friendship Bread
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment