May 15, 2008

TX Thunderstorm



Last night Justin and I were in our home office and made some comments on how suddenly we heard a bunch of thunder...the day had been pretty calm. Then rain...then thuds on the roof. A severe thunderstorm was passing right through Round Rock. There was suddenly a tornado warning and we were advised to get in a closet with no windows or in a bathtub. The closet under the stairs is where we've planned to go in these situations...it also holds our 72-kits. We never really sat in the closet and waited the storm out but the door was opened and Justin and I both put shoes on and hovered around the closet while we watched tv. I was honestly a bit scared. My brother, Brad, called in the middle of all this to wish me a happy belated birthday. (: I called him back after the storm had passed. Justin usually doesn't want to take pictures but he was the one who suggested we take a picture of the hail. We Californians are not used to weather like this yet.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Scary... and fun! I miss Austin.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i love the image of you hovering around your closet....we threw our 72 hour kits in our bathroom, and thought about getting the kids, but didn't....it was pretty crazy when the news kept saying it was so close!