Jun 9, 2008

skirts


I made these two skirts this weekend. Last week my friend Kristen said she wanted to make a skirt for herself and explained that she really likes wearing skirts. I do too and was determined to find something online that was close to what she described. I found this "how-to" and thought I'd better try to make mini versions of the skirt before I tried one for an adult. These are for my nieces...Isabel and Sylvia. I picked out the fabric especially for them. I was going to wait and post a picture of them wearing the skirts but that won't be until July. Thus the skirts are pinned to a live oak tree.

5 comments:

Michelle Kynaston said...

I love that when you are interested in something you dive in head first. It's inspiring. I loved those cute black apple dolls you have made all over your blog, and I was inspired to make one for Hazel. She was so excited, picked her own fabric and everything from the scraps I had left over from various projects. I even made one for myself, and I too chose my own fabrics. Her's turned out the best. =)

Very cute skirts on this entry - I'm sure your nieces will love them!

Sabrina said...

I AM SO EXCITED!!! I wont show the girls so that it can be a surprise for them. You always have such a great idea of colors, patterns, and what goes together. Seriously, those are so cute and I am so impressed.

Liz H. said...

yay! you figured it out. i'm impressed. now you can teach me :)

Jocelyn said...

Those are SO CUTE! I.Love.Them.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i want one! that is cute material and great job! i looked at the pattern and it looks simple enough....i'm a skirtaholic these days